Friday, 12 November 2010

C-Mas Research

So today has been a mix of things, but all C-Mas related stuff. Massive search for fabric in what I have and making list of what I really need and also some mild research for my C-Mas ideas. This led me to looking at The Grinch[below, and yes that is a VHS] and also more typograhpical pieces like the post previous to this. I have been bouncing some ideas around and all looks good, but I now I have up the pace of working becuase I realized today I have 3 on-going projects to finish by Christmas, including the SketchBook Project which I've had a mild mind block on but very proud of where I have got to with it so far.



And now for something completely different..

If you haven't seen this already, it's a must. Phillip Toledano documented his father after the death of his mother in 2006. His book is full of beautiful photos following his father, who suffers with Alzheimer's and is the most touching piece of work I have seen in quite some time.
www.dayswithmyfather.com 
Phillip Tolendano photography from his book 'Days with my Father'. Image of him with his father.


No comments:

Post a Comment