Monday, 9 May 2011

Hybrid [2008]

I just came across some old work from University[Oct 2008ish] that I think I quite liked at the time, but had totally forgot about since! It was a project that required students to work in pairs or trios to create a promotional piece for Giles Deacon, fashion designer. I worked with graphic designer, Craig Baldwin where he was primarily digital, whereas I, in contrast, had just spent the summer playing with mixed media. We made a fold out magazine advertisement for Giles Deacon, focusing on the various themes of his Gold collections at New Look and fashion house collections as seen on the catwalks.
Here are our final results, with some of my own knitting featuring as and background and the red design being my particular favourite. I think we managed to bring together digital and textiles together nicely.






Craig Baldwin can be found:

No comments:

Post a Comment