Friday, 8 July 2011

Teaser

This is a mighty quick post with little hints of things I have managed to get round to doing recently. I have tried to focus on a collection of ideas in the last week, with ideas brewing and editing over a few weeks. All I will say is that if you don't see it here, you will see it on Etsy [I hope!]






Some experimentation with mono-printing with fabric paint. I was inspired by my books [see Pages of Donation] to try mono printing using fabric paints I had collected and if it would actually work. It does, provided the ink is thinned out enough. I used a polyester fabric for the black and it soaked up in the thicker areas as you can see. The black pattern is just random drawings and scribbles, but the red paint experiment below was more focused on mono-printing type.
 Black Dylon Fabric Paint.
Red.


More to come soon, very soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment