Sunday, 11 March 2012

There is One Thing To Be Said About The Shy Girl, At Least She Is Not Spoilt

This weekend I was treated with another couple of boxes of goodies from my mothers friend. The box was filled with fabric, zips, endless poppers and paperwork. Amongst this were these beautiful vintage patterns and magazines including The Fourth Book of Hows, Woman's Weekly (1956), ABC of Smocking and Gauging and an amazing The Lady's World which is dated January 1912! I behold a magazine dated over a 100 years ago. I am very taken with these goodies and am delicately handling them as I find some amazing illustrations, typography and adverts. They really don't make them like they used to.


 My new magazine collection.


Woman's Weekly, dated 1956 (Left), and The Lady's World Fancy Workbook, dated Jan 1912 (Right).


Inside Woman's Weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment