Sunday, 4 March 2012

Oscars 2012

After writing up about the red carpet for the Golden Globes, commenting on Liz Jones of the Daily Mail going on a cynical rampage (see blog post here), I was keen to see what the lovely ladies were wearing at this years Oscars.

I looked at what Liz wrote, and she was much kinder, but I am not surprised as the women at the Oscars looked beautiful. From the slim Gwyneth Paltrow looking like a goddess to the sparkling winner Octavia Spencer. Here are some of my favourites- from the curvacious and the slim.




The curvy: Melissa McCarthy, Octavia Spencer and Serena Williams showing off their fabulous figures. I am quite in love with Melissa's dress- the fabric, colour and how it drapes.

The Slender: Gwyneth Paltrow in a very slimming and beautiful mature dress, Michelle Williams in a dress that compliments her skin tone, Emma Stone in a dress that drapes so beautifully (I personally love the large bow) and Victoria Beckham looking as slim as normal in a simple dress. I am curious whether it is too simple for such an event, but her style is very bold colours with no fuss, so you can never expect anything more than simple.


Two other notable ladies on the red carpet are Penelope Cruz and Angelina Jolie. People have gone blog and photoshop crazy for Angelina's leg that stuck out all evening- I personally do not get the fuzz- the dress was lovely, in the way it complimented her skin tone and her figure, but otherwise was fairly dull.

Leggy Angelina with a handsome long haired Brad.

Penelope I think stole the show with this beautiful dress, making her the belle of the ball, with a slight resemblance to a young Elizabeth Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment