Wednesday, 4 July 2012

A Very Sensible Girl

Meet the Marshalls.

Between them, they have spent about £50,000 on silicone breast, some of the women in the family having more than one operation to boost their breasts. However, 14 year old Britney wants to the be first in the family to go to university and has no intentions to continue the family tradition of breast enhancements when she turns 18. By not having plastic surgery, Britney is rebelling against her own mothers wishes.

'I’m too young to be thinking about having a boob job – I just want to work hard at school. I believe a girl should do what she wants and at the moment I don’t want to get a boob job. I’ve talked to my mum and sisters about it a lot, and they really love their new boobs and the attention they get from them. In the past I thought I have wanted fake boobs, but then sometimes I look at them and think they look ridiculous. I have a thick skin and make up my own mind. I know Mum thinks I will change my mind but right now it’s not important.'
Britney Marshall, 14
For a 14 year old surrounded by 5 family members who have undergone the surgery, it is very bold to stand up against them and decide to do otherwise. It is also very smart for a girl, especially when her own mother believes that her youngest of nine is just going through a 'funny phase'.

 ‘At the moment she doesn’t really have what I would say are boobs, so I would like her to follow in her sisters’ footsteps when she is old enough. I really love the fake look of my girls and I know that Britney will go that way when she’s a bit older. I love the idea of us all looking similar and glamorous.’ Chantal Marshall, 53.

 If you daughter does not want to do something you want to impose on her, then any mother, father or human being has to respect her choice, as Britney has decided to respect her body. What kind of mother wishes to change the appearance of her own, very naturally beautiful, daughter? And someone should probably tell her that having bigger breasts does not make you more glamourous- having style, sophistication and confidence makes you glamourous! The problem with having surgery at 18 is the fact that your body will still be growing into your early twenties (this goes for men and women) and to change your body so dramatically at a young age should not be allowed.
Whilst I am personally against enhancing my body through plastic surgery, people do have the freedom to do what they wish to their bodies.

As a 14-year old, she has big ambitions with her future, aiming to go to university. Lets hope she ignores her mothers desires to enhance her body and put herself towards education and a great future.

Link

No comments:

Post a Comment