Sunday, 28 July 2013

Elasticated Floral

Pattern: Self Created

Made:Feb 2013
Fabric: Cotton from Fabric Land
 
 What I learnt: I created my own very simple pattern. I was looking online for a simple pattern from ne piece of fabric and found a great illustration on a forum where you cut out a hole for the head and shape the sides for your desired dress. I wanted a simple elasticated tunic that I could throw on with jeans. I learn to add elastic waistband- I used bias binding on the wrongside to create a 'tunnel' to thread elastic through
 
Pro's:So easy to make once I had constructed the pattern and worked out how to add the elastic. The hardest part was working out the shape of the neckline. I might add in darts next time for a more fitted shape.
 
Con's:  I lost the pattern I made - I want to make more of them.  

Worn: One of my most worn garments - worn to work, pub, days out and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment