Sunday, 28 July 2013

Unfinished Hummingbird



Pattern: Simplicity 6672
Unfinished dress.
Full lenth and detail of the gathered waistline


Made: June 2013
   

Fabric: Jersey from Fabric Land
  

 What I learnt: In advanced of creating this dress, I did a lot of research into sewing with Jersey - I read a great blog by Dixie DIY - Never Fear Knits. I was really anxious as my previous project working with a delicate fabric had gone so wrong. However, after buying a ball point needle and taking my time, this project was a breeze. I had already mocked this dress up in left over bed sheets and knew it was a simple enough make. I had to adapt the original pattern as the extra fabric that gathers in the front panels made me look pregnant. This dress would be so beautiful for someone pregnant if you used a nice drapey fabric as it would hand great off a baby bump!
  

Pro's:I have learn working with knits aren't too scarey if you are prepped. I have learnt a different neckline and working with more pattern pieces as well as taking out fabric and reshaping the dress.
 

Con's: I don't know if I like the fabric anymore. The fabric is also slightly see through and I don't want to line it so I need to buy a slip to wear underneath.
 
  Worn:Not worn as I need to decide upon length and hand sew the neck line into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment